Friday, April 13, 2012

nursery birds

I'm not organized enough at this point to share all the nursery photos at one time, so here is the next of little projects I've completed.







And since one of my favorite books when I was a little girl was Where's Goldie?, I did include our own Goldie for our little one to find in her very own room. :)

After painting all the trees and branches, I knew I wanted to add birds and houses but I wasn't about to paint 30 birds.  Luckily, Michaels has their spring collections out and I found the perfect solution:


All I had to do was paint the 30+ birds with the same color I painted the trees, and then carefully nailed them in place.  The bird houses came as a wall hanging of three houses, so I used wire cutters to separate them.  I then painted the houses in monochromatic colors and screwed them into the walls.

The flowers are 3-D as they came from daisy bunches I purchased on sale.  I simply screwed the middle of the daisy to the wall and then painted a stem.  The wall has become almost like one of those touch & feel books...
but in real life!


Over Easter break, I had everyone in my family paint their own bird houses to hang on the "family tree."  Finished pictures of those to follow...
  

6 comments:

  1. Those colored jeans are sweet! Definitely a good purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all things to comment on...someone is a little conceited...

      Delete
  2. I don't know...they kind of make your thighs look large. haha Juuuusssst kidding! I like the little goldie bird. Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! Someone is jealous of someone else's colored jeans... Glad you approve, Stevie. That's the scenery you'll be living with come August. :)

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see where Grandma K will have her bird house placed. That room is really coming together!! Very creative!!

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I'll get that picture up soon. :)

      Delete